HD-2 Hammered Dulcimer
The HD-2 is a 3 octave (15/14) instrument.
It too has a deep voice and lots of volume.
Front Rail - 19"
Back Rail - 43"
Depth - 3"
Weight - 15 lb average
~ Fully-adjustable Stand
~ Tuning Wrench
~ "Cheater" Note Strips
System is unique; it is made from tone woods mitered into pin blocks
with 1/4" aluminum trust rods under
each bridge supporting the sound board. The angled pin blocks and pins
reduce the stress on the
entire instrument, preventing cuping, making tuning easier and staying
in tune longer.
Construction of all Hammered Dulcimers:
- Sound board: African Mahogany
- Pin Blocks: Eastern Hard Maple
- Back: 5 ply Baltic Birch
- Bridges: Cherry or Walnut
- Rails: Your choice of Wood
- Handle: Scultured Port in Back
- Bridge Caps: Delrin Rod, White and Black
- Finish: Natural Wood Tones using clear lacquer
Features of High Country Dulcimers Hammered Dulcimers:
- Your choice of woods including Walnut, Cherry, Curley or Birds Eye
- Solid Bridge
- Advanced Method of Bracing
- Easy Tuning
- Clear Crisp Tone, Plenty of Bass and Volume
- 2 Loop End Strings per Course
- Bass Tuned on Right Side, Treble on left
- Shorter Reach From Treble Bridge to Bass Bridge
- Pickups - electronics by Fishman
- Pearl Inlays
- Relief Carvings on Front Rail
- Adjustable Stands ( Walnut or Cherry)
- Home -